I love this recipe. It is the same one I learned to make from Mom. I quit making it for a few years, when we were into the casserole craze. Yet, it the easiest meal to make. The leftovers make the best sandwiches. Just add ketchup and mustard. Sound crazy? Try it, so yummy.
Meat Loaf
2 lbs ground beef or 1 lb. each ground beef and ground turkey
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can tomato sauce
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs or 10-12 crackers broken up
1 T. Montreal steak seasoning or similar seasoning
Mix well and place in sprayed 8X8 or 9X9 pan
Top with more tomato sauce and parsley or
mix together 1/4 ketchup,1/4 c. brown sugar and 2 t. mustard.
Again, sprinkle with parsley
Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Drain well and let rest a few min. before serving
Add some baked potatoes and a vegetable and you have a meal. Save some for leftovers...
Making this tonight. Thanks mom!
ReplyDelete