I have had this recipe for years. I think I first got it from Aunt Kathy in Taylorsville, so sometime in the 80's I guess. I have made it with Cresent rolls, I have used roll dough (much more work, but big and yummy). I have used saltine, club or Ritz crackers for the crumbs you roll them in and I have used Pepperidge farms stuffing. Stuffing is very yummy but I seldom have it on hand. Seasoned bread crumbs are also good if you stock them. Have fun with the recipe and really...you can't go wrong. (Unless you don't make enough)
Chicken Roll Ups
1 can Cresent Rolls
1 1/4 c. shredded, cooked chicken
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 T. butter, softened
1/2 t. lemon pepper (I like more)
1/3 c. mushrooms (optional Brad)
Melted butter
Cracker crumbs
Combine Chicken, cheese, butter, lemon pepper and mushrooms. Using flour, rolls out all eight cresent rolls so they are flat and larger. Dividing chicken mixture equally, place mixture in rolls. Starting at larger end, roll up so mixture is sealed inside dough. Dip in melted butter and roll in cracker crumbs. Bake 15-20 min. at 375. Serve with gravy or Cream of Chicken soup.
I think this is my favorite recipe! I love this growing up. I swear I could have eaten everyone's helping. I have never made it so it will be fun to try. I always remember mom rolling out the dough on the counter and me trying to snitch some of the insides when she wasn't looking. Perhaps there were a few that had a little less filling in them than she thought. :)
ReplyDelete