Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

This is another favorite for me. I have made this bread for our family and others for sooo many years. When we went to Washington DC, I didn't take many recipes. We arrived in November and this was the first recipe I wrote home for, couldn't do the Holidays without it. I try to use buttermilk in place of some of the oil. It can be made successfully either way. Hope it become a favorite for you too.

Pumpkin Bread

Mix together dry ingredients, set aside
2 1/2 C. flour
1 1/2 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder

3/4 c. oil ( 1/2 C. buttermilk and 1/4 C. oil)
3 eggs
1 1/2 C. plain pumpkin
1/3 C. water
2 C. sugar
1 C. Semi-sweet Chocolate chips (I use mini's of course)
Sliced almonds
Mix dry ingred. into pumpkin mixture. Add chocolate chips. Pour into 2 sprayed loaf pans. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top if desired. Bake at 350 for abt. 1 hour, making sure center is cooked. Cool 15 mins. and remove from pan. Allow to cool fully before covering. Makes two loafs.

No comments:

Post a Comment