This is probably my favorite recipe from my childhood. I remember making this with Mom and Kathy in Las Vegas. It was pretty straight forward and we could all make it. As I remember, we ate it with garlic toast and Steve must have been the first one to learn to make it because we called it "Steve's Salad". We have spiced it up a bit over the years and I always make it "to taste" so the measurement are a guess. Enjoy.
Tuna Pasta Salad
Cook 3 cups pasta, elbow, small shell or salad
Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
While pasta is cooking, stir together:
3 cans tuna drained and flaked
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. celery salt
1/4 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. pepper
3 T. dried parsley
Onion powder or onion flakes (I like the crunch of the flakes, some people do not)
Stir in Miracle Whip Salad Dressing to moisten and hydrate parsley and onion.
Stir cooled, drained pasta and tuna salad together. Add more salad dressing to taste. Serve immediately. Left overs can be freshened with more Miracle Whip. This is good with shredded chicken and green peas replacing the tuna and parsley.
Going to try to make this one with quinoa. Should be interesting. I will let you know.
ReplyDelete