This recipe came from Eileen Waite. It has been a favorite of ours for years. I made it quite a bit back in Washington DC when we would have group gatherings. Very popular. You don't need to use extra lean ribs, some fat seems to help them not dry out so much.
Update - I have recently made this in the crock pot. I trimmed the ribs and cooked 5-6 hours on low. I then drained the ribs and added the sauce shortly before serving (30-60 min). The sauce is not as thick, but the ribs were VERY tender and juicy. Perhaps, add less water? Very good for summer months.
Barbecue Ribs
1 1/2 C. catsup
1 1/2 t. salt
3/4 t Tabasco sauce
1/2 t. chili powder
2 t. mustard
3 T. brown sugar
3 T. honey
1 C. water
Place ribs in 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 45 Minutes. Drain grease, bake another 45 minutes. Pour on sauce and bake another 45 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment