Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Banana Bread


This is a great recipe I that I got from Martha. We were in St. George one weekend, visiting and eating Banana Bread that she had just made. Great company and good food. Life is good!

Banana Bread (Cake)

Mix together:
4 Bananas
2 C. sugar
1/2 cup Sour milk
1/2 cup Sour cream
4 Eggs
1 C. Butter or Margarine

Add:
4 C. Flour

2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. soda

For cake bake in cookie sheet for 20-25 min on 325
For bread bake in 2 loaf pans for 45-60 min

If you want to frost this, a cream cheese frosting is very good.

1 comment:

  1. Just made this tonight. I would make a few notes. You want to make sure and melt the butter completely. Mine was close but wasn't all the way melted and it left a few little lumps. Although Jason likes the idea of little butter lumps. (whatever). Also the cooking time for me was a lot longer. I put it on a cookie sheet and it took at least 35 minutes.

    Thanks mom!

    ReplyDelete