Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cherry Fudge Cake Bars

This is a fun recipe that Karen introduced me to.  It is so very yummy.  I have also enjoyed having a different kind of frosting recipe.  I just always used a Chocolate Buttercream so it is fun to have another one.  I love cooking with Karen, she is so creative and hardly needs to set a timer.  She can tell by the way something smells, looks or feels.  Yes, she is good.

Bars
One box Chocolate fudge cake mix
2 eggs
One can cherry pie filling
1/2 t. almond extract
1/2 t. vanilla extract
Stir together.  It will be very thick.  Spread in a sprayed, jelly roll pan and cook for about 28 min at 350. Check at 25 mins. with a toothpick to see where it is at.

Frosting
5 T. Butter
1/3 C. milk (approx)
1/2 C/ Sugar
Melt Butter, add milk and sugar, and while stirring, bring to small boil.  Take off heat and add 2 cups of Chocolate Chips and 1 t. vanilla.  Whisk until all melted together and mixture is shiny.  Pour over warm cake. Cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment